Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3 & 4

We spent the day in the amazing sun, well someone did. By mid afternoon Rachael got tired of the sun and had to go shopping because Ala Moana was calling her, while l stayed. She had to take a look at what was around and came back with some purchases as you would expect.
The next day we spent all day in the sun and Rachael bought a kids size floating tube from the ABC store (general store that sells everything) and the women at the counter questioned her. “Is this for you?” and Rachael says “yes” and the women goes “It no fit you. This for kids.” It took a while but Rachael managed to convince her that it was ok and she didn’t need a bigger tube and was able to purchase it. As soon as we got back to the hotel the 1st thing she did was blow up the tube and try it on for size. Perfect it fits. She felt like walking across the road and showing the women that it did fit.
I managed to also get myself in the tube and nearly drowned. As some might know l cannot swim at all and the tube did not help. I had it around me when a wave decided to take me to shore and l could not get up as the waves kept on crashing me down on the shore. I was in front of many people being thrown around with this pink tube around me and spinning on my back. I look over to Rachael who’s in the water killing herself from laughter and unable to help me in any way. She tried to pretend that she didn’t know me. I eventually got myself up and l could have been mistaken for one of the Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles with my moves but instead off to the showers to get rid of the sand which was everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment