Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 4 - My birthday.



Another hot day in NY!! We decided to head out and have a mani/pedi to help celebrate my big day! It was very relaxing, especially for me as I had a dodgy tummy the night before...Not good.
We then went shopping/browsing and generally took it easy. 
We decided on tapas and cocktails for that night...Dinner was reserved for 9.30 so we went to the very cool bar downstairs for a pre-dinner drink. 2 VERY strong cosmos and a couple of large glasses of wine later - we were running late, we ran out front to get the boys to get us a cab, and when they found out it was my birthday, they insisted on a "car" so we are directed towards a black Mercedes. I will call our driver "Manchango" well that's what I called him all night anyway. Not sure what his real name was..
The tapas was great, they serves these little carafes of wine - clearly they were not that small because before long I was smashed and Zana was spewing in the loo...I however was in fine form and even inventing new products for people with upset stomachs. I called it "arse ease" (patent pending) and is a cooling spray...for your arse. Funny stuff. But it would have been very beneficial.
As we were finishing, Manchango calls and insists on picking us up. So he wants to "go out for a drink" with us. As Zana was not well we decided to go back to the hotel bar..
Manchengo was very flirty and touchy feely, and told me that he wanted  to make my birthday veeery special and come up to the room and make the love to me, at this point Zana and  I were in hysterics (this man has two kids and a wife) and politely said no... Time to say goodnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment