Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 5 - The Hangover



I awoke to the strange feeling that my pyjamas were on back to front...Clearly in no state the night before..
My head was pounding, my mouth was dry and I felt like death. I stuck my head around the corner into Zana's pod to see how she was doing and she too looked like death. We then realised it was 10.10.
We knew we had to get up and get food, but there was no will, no way.. I suddenly realised that I had some re-hydration powder and decided to add it to my water, I also took some pain killers, a antacid tablet and an Imodium (just to be on the safe side)..
Zana was not moving quickly, but then neither was I. It was lunch time by the time we managed to get clothes on and leave the room. BY some miracle a diner had opened across the street that very morning so we rushed (more like crawled) in.. Zana had a burger and for some stupid reason I go for a chicken wrap. Anyway we eat what we can and decided that sightseeing is out of the picture today, we will have to shop instead. As I had my cameras I suggest dropping then back to the room.. 2 hours and 3 phone calls from housekeeping later we finally leave the hotel. 
We headed for century 21 the discount dept store near the site of 9/11. This place is a joke. I don't think I could have shopped there properly on a non-hungover day, but with a hangover - forget about it. There is stuff everywhere, like the worlds biggest jumble sale  - only difference you might have a $4000 dress sitting next to a $20 top. Crazy.
Anyway we did buy a few things. God knows how, by this stage it was almost 6pm so we limped to little Italy for some nourishment and an early night... Never drinking again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment