Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dublin

Top of the morning to ya!
We arrived in the centre of
Dublin to our hotel jet lagged like never before expecting to have a 5 minute nap and surprisingly waking up the next morning starving (no dinner). Off we go to the most expensive breakfast you have ever seen to only learn the next morning that croissants and tea are complimentary until 10.00am every day and you can have more than one, which we did.
We headed out to the tourist office and got ourselves the all important Hop on Hop off bus tickets and toured around Dublin. Both Rachael and I didn’t expect it to be so big. Once around the circuit we headed to the Guinness factory for the tour, my first Guinness and some food. The tour was really interesting and the all important taste test of Guinness was presented to me. I did like the taste and to me it tasted like bitter beer so off we go to the Gravity Bar to have my first pint of it. We get into a glass lift with an American man and 2 ladies and as it went up you could see the steal poles from the building and then all over a sudden we saw nothing but clear grey sky. I thought it was not going to stop, closing my eyes, holding onto the bars and praying for the best we hear the American man say “Oh boy l did not sign up for this” and on the other hand Rachael says “For the love of god!”. We exit with tears of joy and laughter from thinking that the lift wouldn’t stop and we would be thrown into the sky of Dublin and possibly even star in the next Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. The experience called for a drink and l had my first pint of Guinness.
The next morning we woke to have our free croissants and picked up the car to head off on our drive around Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment